|Product||Bedfont Scientific D-Pieces|
|Item||D-Piece or D-Piece-6|
|Compatible With||Micro+pro, Micro+baby, Micro+basic , Micro+, piCO+ Smokerlyzers & ToxCO CO Monitors | Gastro+ Gastrolyzer|
|Includes||Choice of (1) 12 month supply or (1) 6 month supply of D-Pieces|
|Features and Benefits||● One-way valve: Incorporates a one-way valve to prevent air being drawn back from the monitor.
● Infection control filter: The D-piece™ valve filters have been independently tested for prevention of cross infection. We are happy to announce based on this data Bedfont concluded that bacterial and viral pathogens including (COVID-19 / SARS-COV-2) will effectively be removed by the D-piece™️ filter at an efficiency rate of >99% (bacteria) and >97% (viruses).
In the tests carried out on the viral and bacterial filter contained in the D-piece™️, the virus model used for tests (M2-Coliphage) are similar in size as the smallest human viruses (as small as 24 nanometers in diameter4, so that they can test the efficiencies of the filters for removing human viruses from air streams. The model virus (M2-Coliphage) is approximately 24-26 nanometers in size1 in comparison to COVID-19 virus which is approximately 125 nanometers in size.5
● Patented design with resistance is based on clinical data (2010), which shows blowing slowly and fully represents a more accurate reading.2,3 Also, new D-piece has been redesigned to slow the exhalation process, as data indicates that a slow, deliberate breath sample can increase the accuracy of your results by as much as 30%.
1.Public Health England. An evaluation of filtration efficiencies against bacterial and viral aerosol challengers report No. 17/001. Salisbury: Public Health England; 2017.
2.B Raiff et al, 2010: Breath carbon monoxide output is affected by speed of emptying the lungs. Nicotine & Tobacco Research published June 7 2010
3. When measuring breath an acceptable level of back-pressure is required in order to ensure the testing procedure is comfortable to all patients, especially those with respiratory conditions such as asthma or COPD. This back-pressure is measured in millibar (mbar). The American Thoracic Society (ATS) and European Respiratory Society (ERS) recommend the level of back pressure to be between 5-20mbar2. The D-Piece restriction produces between 6 – 13mbar for normal to fast exhalations, therefore falling well within the recommendations set out by these expert bodies.
4. Berkeywaterkb.com. 2020. Is The MS2 – Fr Coliphage Still Known To Be A Good Indicator Of Virus Filtration? Do You Have Tests On Any Other Viruses? – Berkey Knowledge Base. [online] Available at: http://berkeywaterkb.com/is-the-ms2-fr-coliphage-still-known-to-be-a-good-indicator-of-virus-filtration-at-least-one-article-suggests-that-it-might-not-be-do-you-have-tests-on-any-other-viruses/#:~:text=The MS-2 virus is 24-26,both referenced on the chart [Accessed 12 June 2020].
5. Avon-protection.com. 2020. [online] Available at: https://www.avon-protection.com/downloads/product_brochures/GR04471-01%20Coronavirus%20-%20WHITE%20PAPER.pdf [Accessed 12 June 2020].
|Infection Control||Replace every 28 DAYS or if visibly soiled or contaminated.|
|Support||coVita Free Lifetime Telephone Support & Training*|